Data Protection Policy
We, the company item Industrietechnik GmbH (hereinafter item), feel committed to protect your privacy by providing appropriate protection and, therefore, would like to present the item data protection rules. We enter into the following commitments for the use and exploitation of customer information:
1. Collection, processing, and use of personal information
We exclusively collect data over our websites that you voluntarily choose to provide us with, such as in the course of your registration or within the scope of surveys. Data derived from customer transactions or any other information which might be available due to the access to the server will not be used for any other purpose than the services generated by our websites and will be used as follows:
- Presentation of item products and services
- Assessment of customer experiences and opinions gained in connection with item Industrietechnik GmbH products and services
- Use of information for special purposes which each need to be specified; the customer gives us his/her prior consent to such use.
- Preparation of statistical evaluations regarding the users of our websites for market research purposes and for marketing activities. In this context, data is also saved on Canadian servers, whereas appropriate processing is ensured by respective data privacy agreements.
2. Use of personal information
item will use the personal data of the users in an adequate and proper manner and will refrain from transmitting customer information to third party, unless:
- the user has given his/her consent to item or associated companies of item regarding the use of his/her data and its transmission to third parties, in particular regarding the submission of offers and information of associated partner companies. The partner companies, for their part, will refrain from submitting any data to any third parties.
- it is appropriate to transmit information and evaluations to those departments or associated companies which need to be informed about customer-relevant data.
- it is necessary due to legal obligations, administrative or court orders, for the preparation of negotiations regarding the execution of an agreement concluded with you, for the protection of third parties and other legal claims, or as defense against lawsuits.
By giving your consent you express your agreement with the use of the data according to the provisions set forth in Section 2.
You may cancel this consent at any time with effect for the future. We reserve the right to contact you at any time by using the email that you have specified in your profile in case of modifications, updates, or similar issues.
Should you have any other questions regarding this matter, please feel free to send an email to datenschutz (at) item24.com.